Friday, August 1, 2014

Well, how about that?



I've been having fun with Robert's little competition over at his $30 a WEEK Habit blog. I was very much surprised to see last night that the '59 Topps set edged out the '65 Topps in the quarterfinals. I like both sets but I really expected the '65 to win. It's very popular and Kevin did a fantastic job of showcasing it on his blog, The Great 1965 Topps Project. His was the very first blog I read and it was the one that inspired me to tackle the 1959 set. Here is how green I was.... I remember having to ask him what a 'blaster' was!


But anyway, the '59 set moves on. I'm anxious to see which other sets do the same and I'll be following (and voting) as the match-ups evolve. Have a great time at the national, Robert. Go ahead and spend $30 a day, heck, spend $30 an hour...it's the National!!









5 comments:

  1. Now that 59 has moved on I think it s the favorite. The 65 vs 59 was a tough choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, I just went back and looked at the match-ups and you may be right. I have a strong sentiment attachment to the 1960 set, it was the first set I actually collected in 'real time' as it were, but the '59 is pretty special. We'll see.

      Delete
  2. So wait are you saying the '59 series really lost? The Truman photo is throwing me. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, no. I guess that should be the other way around. I was just looking for a famous headline pic to mess with. Lemme try again.

      Delete
    2. Fixed, not very neatly, but fixed. :-0

      Delete