Saturday, July 26, 2014

1959 Topps Campaign Headquarters!!



Robert at $30 A Week Habit has been running a Topps vintage set tournament over the last month or more to try and determine the blog community's favorite set. (Actually, it will determine which set he will build) Starting with 16 sets the contest in now entering the quarter finals, eight sets remain. The 1959 set of which I am a great fan is pitted against the very outstanding 1965 set. With Vegas giving the edge to 1965 I thought it was incumbent on me to do what I could to drum up support for the '59.

Just look at Willard Schmidt's card at the top. Isn't that terrific? And if you need further proof of the '59 set's greatness just scroll through these: 












So what are you waiting for? As they have always said in Chicago...



You say you're a '65 guy? C'mon man!



6 comments:

  1. Heh heh! I'll have to vote for '59 just to keep Judge Judy off my back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The M&M&M&M Boys - Musial, Mays, Mantle, and Mossi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post Bob! If '59 does win out then I have a bit of an idea what to look forward to (as far as big names go anyhow).

    Thank you as well for the plug, I do appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As this comment came through I was typing up a post over on the '59 blog. That's good karma!

      Delete
  4. WoW! Pretty hard to chose one better than other! I know you have there a Mantle card but that Hustler card is simply great.

    ReplyDelete