Saturday, March 28, 2015

#Walletcard....Brisket Goes to the Sunshine State


I really feel like a failure. I carried my #walletcard, UH Collection Brisket Howard, all over the fine state of Florida in my Spring Training trip and it wasn't until the final game I attended that I remembered to pull him out for a peek at the beautiful weather and the joy of spring baseball.

But here he is at Ed Smith Stadium in Sarasota just prior to the first pitch of the Orioles-Pirates game last Thursday. As you can see I had to use my new digital camera to prop him up high enough for him to see the beautiful baseball diamond. We got a few curious looks from the other 'railbirds' leaning on the ledge that runs along the concourse at Ed Smith. But that's how it goes.

I wish I had pulled him out all along the trail I blazed across Florida. Looking back I could have had shots of Brisket with Bob Boone, squinting as he peeked over Bryce Harder's shoulder in Lakeland, with the drunk and stupid college dudes in Tampa, stuff like that.

Oh well, better late than never I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment