Thursday, March 12, 2015

I Wasted $6


I said I wasn't going to buy any 2015 cards. I just don't follow MLB day to day very closely so if a player isn't an Oriole (or in some cases an Astro) I probably don't know too much about him beyond his name, if that. That's probably why I was so extraordinarily unsuccessful at fantasy baseball for a couple of years.

But I bought a pack of Heritage on Sunday at Target hoping for something 'cool'. No dice. No Orioles or anything else of interest. If you are collecting Heritage check your want list. If you have a need for a good chunk of these be the first guy to say so and they will be on their way as soon as I get the chance. That may not be until late next week.

Here are the numbers:

NAP-12 This Hernandez has some sort of blemish at the top border. An ink smear maybe?
40
128
133
186
196
213
246
265
306
322
362
376
378
381
394
397
411
412
418

5 comments:

  1. Ink smear? on one of the forums (tradingcarddb.com) someone pulled some ink smeared cards. Could be a gimmick card but probably just a real printing mishap. Not surprising with some of the intentional "errors" Topps does with Heritage. They do "gum stain" cards which have some white smears on the back and smell like gum. They have certain codes on the back (the last two numbers at the end of the microscopic copyright info) that let collectors know "which error" they have or if they have a regular base card. Sheesh the complexity of modren trading cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. It may be just from me when I changed ink carts on the printer, but then again, maybe not. I've have been excited to get an gum smelling card! I wonder how close it is to the 'real' gum smell of the olden days.

      Delete
  2. You broke down. I don't think I've opened any new product of any kind for 20 years. Just can't see buying stuff that s not going to be kept or wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I fell victim to 'Target shopping without a purpose' syndrome. BTW....I made it to the PO yesterday.

      Delete
  3. Don't know if you did it on purpose but I like the bookend poses of Ryno and Marlon. "Ok, Phillies, cross your arms and smile."

    ReplyDelete