Thursday, October 23, 2014

Another TCMA Billy Pierce


This addition to my Pierce collection comes by way of another 'buy the set to get the card' eBay purchase. I hadn't seen the set come up in many months if not years and the individual card?....forget about it.  So when I finally saw the set I went ahead and picked it up. And, as it is with most of my purchases, the card appeared at least twice since then. There's one on eBay right now. That's just how it goes.

It was produced in 1976 by TCMA and consists of the 12 cards listed on the reverse of all of them. Is there a less interesting card in my collection? Probably not but it does fill a hole that's been staring at me for a long time.

The good news is that I've also nabbed a sweet Pierce "White Whale" which is on it's way to me. I also now have a numbered '64 Pierce reprint which I considered overpriced and have recently picked up after 'waiting out' the seller and some other assorted Pierce cards that I discovered. All that will be posted soon. Please contain your enthusiasm.


6 comments:

  1. I've probably missed it in not going back through your archives, but do you have a listing of all the Billy Pierce cards that you own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony, here is the link:

      Pierce Checklist Post

      I've been in the process of updating it. The 2011 to 2013 Heritage Foolishness cards have me bumfuzzled. I have a couple of them but I'm not sure what the other ones are.

      Delete
  2. Funny seeing Harry Hooper listed as a W,S.. He played the bulk of his career with Bosox. Nice card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how the checklist would change after the four decades that have passed since this one was put together.

      Delete
    2. That would be a fun exercise. Aparicio, Fox, Guillen Baines, McDowell, Fisk, thigpen, Ventura, Melton, Carlos May.

      Delete