Thursday, June 19, 2014

Group Break (Hockey) Goodies

My son texted me Wednesday morning  and reminded me that last night would have been Game Seven of the Stanley Cup Finals had the Rangers run that string out. I really wished he hadn't done that.

But to ease my pain I went back and flipped through the cards I picked up in a fancy-pants hockey card group break run by Matt of Cardboard Conundrum. There were three different types of fancy-pants cards involved but I didn't care what they were, I was just ready to pick up some shiny Rangers. And I did.



Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky and both former Rangers that have moved on through trades. As with most chrome heavy cards these look a whole lot better in hand than they do in a scan.

I also was assigned the Canucks and Hurricanes in the break and these are the best cards of those teams.



Back to the Rangers. I like this Derek Stepan card. Who doesn't like a guy who plays hockey with a broken jaw?

Matt tossed in this Martin St. Louis card that he picked up in one of his personal boxes. It's the only card I've seen of him in his Rangers gear. He plays with a lot of heart. I miss Cally but MSL is a real positive on Broadway.


Thanks for the extras Matt, and for busting those fancy-pants boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment