Thursday, December 18, 2014

Bazooka Cards


A couple of 1971 Bazooka cards that came from my oddball box. Topps made these obviously and used a very familiar picture for the Brooks Robinson card. I've seen the McNally shot as well.

These were the standard sized Bazooka offerings through the 60s and 70s. I would really love to have one of the full box sized cards that they made in 1959, the Billy Pierce in particular.


 Courtesy of eBay here is a complete '71 box with Randy Hundley, Willie Mays and Catfish Hunter featured.


Oh, and if you are looking to get me a Christmas gift you could do worse than this 1965 box with three of my favorite players on the back. Hard to beat a Robinson-Koufax-Colavito trio of cards!


5 comments:

  1. These things are really tough. Good luck in search of your Pierce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed out on 2 or 3 of the Bazooka Pierce cards on eBay.... by a huge margin. They both hung out at the $80 range for weeks and I thought my $100 snipe was golden but other sniper bidding landed them at just south of $200 as I recall. I'm going to have to get very lucky to reel in that white whale.

      Delete
  2. That's true cardboard!
    You needed to be quite good with the scissor or else..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen these before. Very, very cool. Thanks for sharing. I'm off to see what Athletics are in the set.

    ReplyDelete