Saturday, April 6, 2013

It's a Pink Card in 2013!



Yes, as I have mentioned I like cards that feature the color pink. And I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit it.

So I decided to kill two birds with one stone and pick up a card that 1) featured a guy I needed for my fantasy baseball collection and 2) was pink. I went online and the cheapest one I could find was this Jeff Keppinger from this year's Topps set.

A couple of questions I've asked myself....

...why did I have Jeff Keppinger on my team? It must have been during my middle infielder crisis last season.

...why has Keppinger played for 7 different clubs in 9 years? I mean he has a .286 lifetime average which isn't bad for a shortstop, right?

...why did I spend $5 plus shipping for a stupid card that just happens to be pink? This one I can't answer I'm afraid.

Oh, and if you read any of my posts from last year in which I state that I would never ever get involved with fantasy baseball again, well, I was strong armed into giving it one more shot. Sadly it's a 'big money' league. Next year I'm going to just go downtown and pass out the $$$ to the needy. It'll be much more satisfying.



1 comment:

  1. The pink cards are going for stupid prices.

    I'm going to wait until the frenzy dies down and then find some.

    ReplyDelete