Sunday, September 16, 2012

Surprise Package




I got a package in the mail late last week that I wasn't expecting. I had no trades pending and hadn't ordered anything that wasn't accounted for. I opened it and found these two cards. Then I remembered that I had won a small contest on a card site and these were my prizes.

A couple of small name NFL players but I'm posting them because I really like the design. I'd never seen Topps Inception cards, I don't know much about any of the non-flagship sets that get put out. Who knows, maybe one of them will become a big time player some day.

Oh, that site I won these on? Gone overnight. Trading Card Zone was a forum I had come to enjoy even though I, as a vintage collector, didn't quite fit the profile of the average poster there. Then a week or two ago it was shut down with an apology and no explanation. Such is the nature of the interwebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment