Tuesday, January 23, 2018

E90-1 "Chief" Bender

I've had my eye out for an American Caramel card of  'Chief' Bender for awhile and finally landed one. It's a little rough around the edges but if fell within my 'retired guy' budget. I don't need sharp corners or original gloss. This thing was in the hands of a kid in 1909 and that good enough for me.

The American Caramel sets are interesting and this one, the E90-1 is the most popular. That previous link and this one (specifically about the E90-1) are good reads.  




My copy came in a holder and because it looks pretty delicate I'm going to leave it in there. I much prefer holding my cards in my hands but I make some exceptions.


The is likewise paper loss on the back, and if the front had this much I would not have bought it, but the more pristine copies I found were twice the price.


I became interested in 'Chief'' Bender some years ago when I came across this book. Highly recommended!


My Bender card collection is slowly growing. I have one of his T206 cards and am trying to pick up a 1940 Play Ball and another T206 (he has three counting variations).

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the addition to your collection. One of these days, I'd like to add a vintage Bender to my A's collection.

    ReplyDelete