Friday, May 25, 2012

Ouch!! Blame my brothers!





When I went off to college I passed along the remnants of my card collection to my younger brothers. They decided to paste quite a few of them into a loose leaf binder. This '68 Palmer was one of the 'victims'. This card got off lucky. Some of the cards they cut into their 'component parts' and pasted them down separately. A 1967 high number Brooks Robinson suffered that fate. That card ended up as a name plate, team name and picture as separate pieces on a page of the binder. It never bothered me until years later when I realized what the card was worth.

I couldn't be too mad at them when I thought about how I had given away boxes of cards to neighborhood friends when we had moved to Houston in 1967.

I'm not sure why I still have this particular card. While a couple dozen of my star cards from that era have somehow survived intact I thought I had tossed out the damaged stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment