Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Koufax Cards by Bob Lemke



If you don't make it a habit of reading Bob Lemke's blog, you should. He has a background in this hobby surpassed by very few. He is the former editor and publisher of the sportscards and memorabilia periodicals and books at Krause Publications and former editor of the Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards. I've been reading his output for so long I feel I know him.

Being a sucker for custom cards, cards 'that never were',and the like, I get enthused when Bob adds one of his to the blog. There are several folks out there who do a great job with that sort of thing and Bob Lemke certainly is among that group. He recently offered some of his surplus cards for sale and I jumped on the opportunity to add a few to my Koufax collection. Here are a couple of the cards he sent. You'll have to agree I think, whether or not custom cards are your thing, he really does them well. It's obvious Bob puts time into the backs as well as the fronts.






Custom cards are certainly not all he blogs about, he has access to lots of vintage printed material and ads, etc. Some of those will make you wish you had a time machine. Check his work out sometime.

2 comments:

  1. Those are pretty cool. I've considered ordering some of those from Bob, but parting with money's a little tough now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I just posted over on Twitter @markhoyle4 some of the customs I got from Bob. He will be missed. He helped quite a bit in providing info on some real oddball sets and cards ive acquired

    ReplyDelete