Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday Morning Quarterback #45 Brian Griese 2006 Topps Total



In this ongoing series of posts I am going to feature cards from my fantasy football player collection, specifically the 117 quarterbacks I've had on my team's roster since 1980. I have one selected card for each player in my All-Time Flyers binder. Through the years I've tried to use as many different card varieties as possible while holding on to my preference which is: a card issued in a year I owned the player showing him in the proper team uni in a vertical format. Card availability and my whims have had a big impact on that standard. 
NFL Info: Brian Griese, son of Hall of Famer Bob Griese, was drafted in the third round by Denver in 1998 out of Michigan. He spent over a decade in the NFL, never a star but for the better part of a decade he was a very serviceable starter in several organizations. His most productive stretch was a four season run as #1 in Denver. During that time he made his only Pro Bowl appearance. With the exception of a 3-3 record in six starts with the Bears he had an above .500 record with each team he played for. After retirement he's worked as a Broncos radio voice and as a college analyst for ESPN.

Fantasy Impact: I had Griese twice as a back-up and bye week starter, in 2000 behind Kurt Warner and 2006 behind Brett Favre. He had two starts for me each season and did very well in three of them.

The Card: Another 'meh' Topps product design. Nothing special. In fact it is soooo 'nothing special' that I don't even care one way or another. I had a couple of Griese cards but I stuck this in the binder for variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment