Monday, November 12, 2012

It's Veteran's Day

I'm going to deviate from my normal collection drivel to post a video I received from my aunt over the weekend. My cousin, Lt Col Andrew Straley, USMC returned from a six month deployment in Afghanistan. It was his third deployment in the Middle East in the last few years! 

All of our service personnel have to make sacrifices, some great, some small. Drew left his family which includes his wife and 8 year old triplet girls to provide communications for our troops. The video below includes a few seconds of Drew's return at BWI and then his surprising the girls at their school. Warning: If you know anything about 8 year old girls you know the level of screaming that goes on in the video. It's fun to watch their reaction anyway.



Here's to you, Andy (he's always been 'Andy' to me) and to everyone who gave of themselves to serve on behalf of our freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment