Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Conundrum on Ice

I recently participated in a fancy hockey card group break held by Matt from Cardboard Conundrum. I never have had much luck with those but I don't have many slick new hockey cards so I figured this would be a shot at Ranger cards, plus whatever fell my way.

Here's what I got:

Anisimov/Staal Panini swatch card.

Man, I love the alt sweaters the Rangers wore in 10-11 so this is pretty cool.


I got an autographed card of Craig Smith of Nashville. He was a rookie this past season straight out of U of Wisconsin.

I can say with 100% certainty that this is my only Nashville Predator card. Is that their alt sweater?

Then Matt was nice enough to send along some cards he had posted that I commented on. My favorite non-Ranger goalie is Patrick Roy. He is also the absolute favorite NHL'er of one on my sons. This is a nice Upper  Deck Retrospective card.


And then there is this....


I get all mushy remembering the one and only Cup title that Rangers have won in my lifetime. Classic 'Cup over my head' moment. Matt sent along one of Roy as a Hab doing the same thing...


..... and a card of a remarkably young looking Mark Messier with the Cup as an Oiler.

Thanks, Matt. I owe you. I'll be looking for something off your Want List.

No comments:

Post a Comment