Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Gym Alums

That's a dumb title for a post but I can't come up with a better one so there ya go. I've taught for 23 years now and had some pretty good athletes come through my gym. Among them are a few who went on to play college and NFL football at a high level.  I've picked up a few cards of them when I came across them.

Former Iowa and current defensive back for the Panthers Charles Godfrey.


Godfrey's brother and Kansas State and CFL quarterback/receiver Ell Roberson.


University of Houston wide out James Cleveland. He was a free agent pick-up of the Dallas Cowboys last season but was cut during camp.



Probably the most accomplished of the kids I've taught is former Yale running back Robert Carr. He was a quiet kid from a good family. He broke several season and career records at Yale. I haven't come across any type of card of him.



No comments:

Post a Comment