Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Weekend in Baltimore


Just back from a visit to my hometown of Baltimore over the past weekend. I saw the Orioles win two and drop one to the Tigers. Except for the Sunday loss the trip was pretty much as good as it could possibly be. I hung with family and old friends, had some crab cakes (crab prices are out of sight!), some Italian food in Little Italy and generally enjoyed myself.

I took a ton of pics but I won't burden everyone with many of them. Just a couple of highlights.

Camden Yards of course is spectacular.







I got my first in-person look at the bronze statutes of Orioles stars.





And I hadn't seen the retired numbers outside the north gates before either.



My Texas-themed O's shirt was a conversation starter on Saturday. A couple of Baltimore's Finest found it amusing and we had a long baseball chat on Saturday morning as I walked back to the hotel from breakfast.

Saturday was also Maryland-themed Bird bobblehead nite.


These are the Crab Chippers I tried. Crab meat, some sort of cheese sauce, scallions and Old Bay seasoning over kettle chips. They were recommended and they were pretty good, especially with my Natty Boh.



It wasn't all baseball. I poked around the (now even more touristy) Harborplace...


Had a crabcake sandwich or two....


..and visited the Maryland Sports Legends Museum across from the ballpark....




It was a fun trip. I hope it's not another ten years before I make it back to my hometown.


4 comments:

  1. Brings back memories of my Baltimore trip back in 2001! Not much has changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty much as I remember it, too. They've expanded the renovated warehouse district some.

      Delete
  2. I need to get back to the stadium. I'm only about a 3 hour drive from Baltimore. Looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been since 2013, glad to see everything pretty much where I left it. Looks like you had good seats for at least one of the games.

    ReplyDelete