Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Heeeeeres Johnny!!


For lack of anything else compelling in the hobby these days I've spent the last few weeks trying to find cheap additions to my non-Oriole PCs, namely Sandy Koufax, Roger Maris, Johnny Callison and Billy Pierce. As you probably have figured I had no luck finding cheap Maris or Koufax cards.
But Callison and Pierce are a different story. Here are a couple none too exciting (but important to me) Johnny Callison cards.

I already had the '68 Topps but a cheap upgrade is always a good thing.  Callison was in his next to last season with the Phils in 1968. Following the '69 season he was dealt to the Cubs in a trade that sent Oscar Gamble to the Phils.





The '73 Callison is his last issued Topps card. It's sure not my favorite. But it does use the cartoon to relay the info nugget that both Callison and Boog Powell have the same first and middle names. I'm assuming that Boog is represented bu the large partially seen fellow on the left.






1 comment:

  1. The '68 Topps design seems to me like fabric, like the card is made of cloth pieces.
    Is quite nice!

    ReplyDelete