Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Oh, What a Night!!



Last night was pretty cool. The Orioles tied up their series with the Yankees. Another tense, exciting game of course. Nice effort by Wei-Yin Chen. I didn't pull any Orioles in Gint-A-Cuffs but Night Owl and a couple of others supplied me with the O's out of the set. I've kind of become jaded to the A&G set after only two years of messing with it. Last summer I thought the 2011 set was the coolest thing ever. But after the 2012 set I have kind of lost interest. Unless there are some really kick ass subsets next year I think I'll pass on it.

I nearly had to treat my remote button pushing finger with an ice pack because:

And up in Jersey, while the baseball game was on, across Route 3 from my aunt and uncle's Secaucus home, my Texans beat the Jets. It wasn't very pretty but it's a win and that's all that matters. 



And last, but not really least, Arian Foster slashed his way to 22 fantasy points to give me a win. At 4-1 I trail my sons (damn newbies!) by one game in our division. I like this Foster card even though I don't really know one set from another. I buy random Texans cards off the web as they catch my eye. 

The night wasn't perfect though. Brian Cushing went down with a season ending injury. That's gonna hurt. But, as the Texans said (many times) last season.."Next man up!!" Here is another great looking football card. Same brand/set logo, different year maybe?




No comments:

Post a Comment