Monday, July 16, 2012

1955 Orioles Media Guide



 I've spent a lot of time posting about cards lately but the majority of my collection consists of other things. Publications for the most part. I have all but two of the Orioles Media Guides ever published. I'm lacking the 1954 and 1956 versions.

The guides published in the first few seasons of the Orioles major league existence were called 'Spring Training  Rosters' and were very thin, this 1955 being only 16 pages including the covers. Schedule, spring rosters, team directory and previous years records made up the bulk of the info.

The 1956 guide is the first to be called a "Press, Radio, T.V. Guide". The two I lack turn up on eBay from time to time. Usually upwards of $200 is the asking price. I'm bidding my time.

I also collect BALTIMORE Colts' guides, New York Rangers Blue Books/Press Guides and Houston Texans media Guides. I'll show off some of those as well as some of my yearbooks sometime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment