Friday, March 22, 2013

Greer Garson, Part One



Taking another step away from the world of sports here is a pretty neat item I snagged awhile back.

It's a fan photo from MGM's remarkably beautiful Greer Garson. It came in the original envelope as sent to a young fan in Ohio circa 1944.


I'm assuming it was a young fan based on the notations made on the envelope ("My Movy Stars'). The stamped addition to the envelope heralds her next film which was entitled Mrs. Parkington and debuted in 1944.

Greer Garson is matched perhaps only by Ingrid Bergman on my list of favorite actresses. I have a few other items that I'll toss out here that relate to this terrific star who seven times was nominated for an Oscar and took one home for her role in 1942's Mrs. Miniver.

No comments:

Post a Comment