Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Brooks Robinson Print


My friend Mike McKay sent along this super nice 8x10 art print of Brooks Robinson recently. He won it on eBay and sent it to me because, well, because that's the kind of guy he is. And I'm most appreciative.

The print is just begging for a signature. That's why I am holding off on putting it in one of my frames for the time being. Brooks was here in Houston at the TriStar show in February. I didn't want to stand in line for his autograph at the time but had I had something interesting to get signed I might have. I know Brooks gets lots of mail but I may send this along to him. He's getting up there and has had some health issues and I don't know how many more chances I'll have.

As an alternative plan, I have some other signed items that I could turn into a cut signature to mount with the print. I'll come up with something or other because I want to get this on my wall here in my office/hobby room.

If you're reading this Mike...thanks much. I hope your family is well. Stay smart and stay safe. That goes for everyone out there in the hobby blogosphere.

5 comments:

  1. Very cool. Maybe I should start getting some art...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, that's an awesome print! I have an idea for a small framing project for my hobby room to brighten my mood during sheltering. I think you've inspired me to pull the trigger here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of an autograph guy, but that would look nice with Brooks' signature on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great looking print. Hopefully you're able to get this signed at some point. Lots of different places Robinson could sign.

    ReplyDelete